Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Money Diaries: The cost of a breakup
The pain of heartbreak is hard enough – but when couples live together, a breakup can have financial implications, too. That’s what happened to La’Trisha Dillon, who goes by Dillon. This is the first story in a series we’re calling “Money Diaries,” in which young people from Oakland talk about their relationships with money.
“I was living with my boyfriend,” Dillon says. “When I met him, he was this really great guy. He was sweet and chivalrous and so I took a chance and got attached to him. I never want to do that again. Things changed. And our relationship took a turn for the worse. He broke up with me, he doesn’t feel the same way anymore, so I had to move.”
To hear the rest of this story, click above.
This story was produced by Lisa Morehouse and Game Theory Academy, a nonprofit that teaches young people financial literacy.