Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Arts & Culture
My Beautiful Laundrette ~ Wyrick plays Haydn ~ Classical music picks for December
This week on Open Air, host David Latulippe talks with stage director Andrew Nance and actor Robert Rushin about the US stage premiere of My Beautiful Laundrette, which is set in the tumultuous years of Margaret Thatcher's England, at the New Conservatory Theatre Center; San Francisco Symphony's Associate Principal Cellist Peter Wyrick shares his thoughts on taking a solo turn with the Berkeley Symphony in Haydn's Cello Concerto no. 1; the SF Chronicle's classical music critic Joshua Kosman discusses his musical picks for the month of December; and Open Air's critic at large Peter Robinson contributes a segment on Tin Pan Alley. Open Air with David Latulippe, originally broadcast on December 5, 2013 at 1pm. Listen now or anytime.