Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
my Favorite Things
My Favorite Things 18 June 2012
Alan's guest is John Mangum, Director of Artistic Planning for the San Francisco Symphony.
Mozart: Symphony No. 41 in C, K. 551 (Jupiter), last movement - Sir Neville Marriner and Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields
Beethoven: Ninth Symphony, excerpt from last movement – Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra
Berlioz: Romeo and Juliet, excerpt – Colin Davis and the London Symphony Orchestra
Strauss: Elektra, excerpt - Inge Borkh with Fritz Reiner and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Bach: Goldberg Variations, Aria – Glenn Gould (1955)
Monteverdi: L'incoronazione di Poppea, Duet – Arleen Auger and Della Jones with Richard Hickox and City of London Baroque Sinfonia
Adams: Harmonielehre, Last movement, excerpt – Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony