Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
my Favorite Things
My Favorite Things 18 June 2012
Alan's guest is John Mangum, Director of Artistic Planning for the San Francisco Symphony.
Mozart: Symphony No. 41 in C, K. 551 (Jupiter), last movement - Sir Neville Marriner and Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields
Beethoven: Ninth Symphony, excerpt from last movement – Leonard Bernstein and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra
Berlioz: Romeo and Juliet, excerpt – Colin Davis and the London Symphony Orchestra
Strauss: Elektra, excerpt - Inge Borkh with Fritz Reiner and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Bach: Goldberg Variations, Aria – Glenn Gould (1955)
Monteverdi: L'incoronazione di Poppea, Duet – Arleen Auger and Della Jones with Richard Hickox and City of London Baroque Sinfonia
Adams: Harmonielehre, Last movement, excerpt – Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony