Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Open Air 3/22/12
Napoleon...complex! This week on Open Air
On this week's Open Air, host Alan Farley talks with conductor/composer Carl Davis, who has created the score for the upcoming showings of Abel Gance’s epic silent film, Napoleon, which will be screened at the Paramount in Oakland this weekend as part of the San Francisco Silent Film Festival. Alan also visits with members of Musiaque, a group of musical peacemakers from the Middle East. Thursday at 1pm.