Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Around the Nation
Napster Billionaire Spends Big On Upcoming Wedding
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 11:46 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with good luck to Sean Parker and his bride-to-be. She's a singer; he's a Facebook billionaire and founder of Napster. Mr. Parker committed $10 million to their wedding. He paid for waterfalls, bridges and ancient ruins created for the occasion. Guests will wear outfits created by the costume designer from "Lord of the Rings."
Mr. Parker has had to clarify this is not going to be a theme wedding. The clothes are modern, he says, though with a Victorian touch. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.