Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Around the Nation
NBA Commissioner Turns Boos Into Cheers
Originally published on Mon December 26, 2011 4:16 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. NBA Commissioner David Stern didn't get much credit as the pro basketball season resumed. Stern visited Dallas to start the lockout-shortened season on Christmas Day. The Mavericks there, were raising their banner from last season's championship. But when Stern spoke, he was booed. The lockout wasn't popular, and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban didn't like the settlement. Stern won over the home crowd, though, by praising Cuban and turning those boos into cheers. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.