Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
Arts & Culture
Neighborhood Postcard: Sunset
Ocean Beach is right on the edge of San Francisco’s biggest neighborhood, the Sunset. The neighborhood is so large it’s split into two: an inner and outer.
“Across the street from me now is Art's Hamburgers or whatever they call themselves now. Which in 1967, the waitress had put a little sign in the window and it said 'love burgers 25 cents each.' The area really looks like 1965,” says Casey Farrell, a Sunset resident.