Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
Neighborhood Postcard: Sunset
Ocean Beach is right on the edge of San Francisco’s biggest neighborhood, the Sunset. The neighborhood is so large it’s split into two: an inner and outer.
“Across the street from me now is Art's Hamburgers or whatever they call themselves now. Which in 1967, the waitress had put a little sign in the window and it said 'love burgers 25 cents each.' The area really looks like 1965,” says Casey Farrell, a Sunset resident.