Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Open Air ~ 2/28 at 1pm
A new "Secret Garden" ~ The Chairs ~ Other Minds
On this week’s Open Air, host David Latulippe talks with composer Nolan Gasser and librettist Carey Harrison about their new family opera, The Secret Garden, created by Cal Performances and SF Opera. Also, the Cutting Ball Theatre’s Annie Elias shares her directorial vision for their production of Eugene Ionesco’s The Chairs; we preview some of the music that will be heard on this year’s Other Minds Festival with Danish recorder virtuoso Michala Petri and Faroese composer Sunleif Rasmussen; and critic Peter Robinson talks about the new HBO mini-series Parade's End. Originally broadcast on Thursday, February 28, at 1pm.
The Secret Garden: www.calperfs.berkeley.edu
The Chairs: http://cuttingball.com
Other Minds: www.otherminds.org
Michala Petri: www.michalapetri.com
Read an interview with Michala here.
Listen now or anytime...