Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Open Air ~ 2/28 at 1pm
A new "Secret Garden" ~ The Chairs ~ Other Minds
On this week’s Open Air, host David Latulippe talks with composer Nolan Gasser and librettist Carey Harrison about their new family opera, The Secret Garden, created by Cal Performances and SF Opera. Also, the Cutting Ball Theatre’s Annie Elias shares her directorial vision for their production of Eugene Ionesco’s The Chairs; we preview some of the music that will be heard on this year’s Other Minds Festival with Danish recorder virtuoso Michala Petri and Faroese composer Sunleif Rasmussen; and critic Peter Robinson talks about the new HBO mini-series Parade's End. Originally broadcast on Thursday, February 28, at 1pm.
The Secret Garden: www.calperfs.berkeley.edu
The Chairs: http://cuttingball.com
Other Minds: www.otherminds.org
Michala Petri: www.michalapetri.com
Read an interview with Michala here.
Listen now or anytime...