Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
A Night Of Spectacle In New York City
Originally published on Thu November 29, 2012 6:18 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne, with a couple of bright moments from a city still recovering from a dark storm. On Staten Island, people were startled by this dreamlike sight: a zebra and a pony trotting down the street, chased by two men in dark suits carrying lassos. The creatures had escaped from a private menagerie. And in Manhattan last night, Rockefeller Center turned dazzling, lit up by its Christmas tree: an 80-foot spruce adorned with 45,000 lights. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.