Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Open Air ~ 2/21 at 1pm
Oboe Virtuosity ~ Robert Greenberg ~ Smuin Ballet
Update, 2/28/13: Bill Bennett collapsed on stage during the final performance of the Strauss "Oboe Concerto" on Saturday. It is with a heavy, heavy, heart that I now report his passing, as announced by the San Francisco Symphony. -David (My talk with him happens at @45min into the linked audio of Open Air from 2/21/13.)
On this week's Open Air, host David Latulippe talks with music historian and SF Performances elucidator-in-chief Robert Greenberg; with Bill Bennett, principal oboist with the San Francisco Symphony, who will be performing the Richard Strauss “Oboe Concerto” this week, and with Smuin Ballet Executive and Artistic Director Celia Fushille.
Robert Greenberg: www.robertgreenbergmusic.com
Bill Bennett: www.sfsymphony.org
Smuin Ballet: smuinballet.org
Originally broadcast on Thursday, February 21 at 1pm. Listen now or anytime.