Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Out In The Bay, July 12th, 2012
Out In The Bay: The Immigration Front
The Immigration Front. Every day bi-national LGBT couples are denied the
same rights as heterosexual couples. Fighting for their lives instead of being
free to live them, these couples are subject to the homophobia of antiquated
immigration laws. But under Obama, there is both hope and change.
Marilyn talks with author Judy Rickard about her book, "Torn
Apart," a chronicle of over 20 couples struggling with this punishing policy,
and Lavi Soloway, attorney for many of the cases being challenged. Find out more at: http://www.stopthedeportations.com/blog/
Out In The Bay