Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Petition Asks Target To Open Later On Black Friday
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. People are asking Target if midnight shopping is really that important. Target stores will open at midnight Thanksgiving night, getting an early start on Friday - the year's biggest shopping day. Cart attendant Anthony Hardwick of Omaha, Nebraska says before working all night he'd have to miss a Thanksgiving gathering to get enough sleep. He started an online petition asking to open later. As of yesterday, 88,000 people had signed. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.