Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Philosophy Talk in The Classroom - The Art of Living
The hosts of KALW's Philosophy Talk present The Art of Living, a five-week course in partnership with Stanford's Continuing Studies program. The course, which runs from April 8 to June 3, will explore the various ways in which it is possible to live well and beautifully, what it takes to implement our values, and what happens when they come under pressure from inside and out.
Part traditional lecture, part multimedia broadcast experience, this groundbreaking course is brought to you by the popular radio program Philosophy Talk, “the program that questions everything, except your intelligence.” In each session, the radio show’s hosts, Stanford philosophers John Perry and Ken Taylor, will tackle a different set of questions in thought-provoking conversation. Each session will introduce participants to the topic of the week and prepare them to be active participants in an episode of Philosophy Talk, featuring a distinguished guest from the field, reports from the Roving Philosophical Reporter, questions from the live audience and more.
Information at www.continuingstudies.stanford.edu.