Most Active Stories
- Pastor Megan Rohrer: A shepherd finds the perfect flock
- City Visions: Having Overcome Challenges, The San Francisco Zoo Embraces its Mission
- Remembering Robin Williams' visit to KALW
- Your Call: What can we do to create safe spaces for women?
- North Beach tenants find strength and friendship as they fight to keep their homes
Around the Nation
Politics Weighs Down San Bernardino's Economic Problems
Originally published on Wed July 18, 2012 10:41 am
The city of San Bernardino, Calif., is expected to declare a fiscal emergency, and officially file for bankruptcy on Wednesday. The declaration would be the third by a California city in recent weeks. Some analysts believe San Bernardino's problems may be more about its dysfunctional local politics.