Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
out In The Bay ~ 9-24-14
Powerful Memoir: "Riding Fury Home"
Wilson grew up in the 1950s with a suicidal mother. She learned in adulthood that her mother had been a closeted lesbian given psychiatric treatments - including electroshock - to “cure” her. Mother and daughter developed a deep bond when both came out as lesbians in the women’s and gay liberation movements of the late 1960s and ’70s. There's much more to this touching, fascinating story in "Riding Fury Home," Chana’s memoir. Marilyn Pittman hosts. Thursday, September 25, 2014