Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Around the Nation
Pregnant Woman Delivers Baby In Stuck Elevator
Originally published on Thu January 19, 2012 7:36 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with congratulations to Katie Thacker. The Tacoma, Washington woman went into labor. She stepped into an elevator at St. Joseph Medical Center on the way to the maternity ward and the elevator got stuck. Ms. Thacker says she doesn't remember much about what happened next, but she came out of that elevator with a baby named Blake. A fully accurate birth certificate would give the place of birth as somewhere just below the 14th floor. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.