Most Active Stories
- You're being watched: Surveillance in Oakland
- Punjabi-Mexicans in California: A story told through dance
- The tangled tale of Haight Street
- Strapped for housing, San Francisco weighs creative responses to homelessness
- Geoff Hoyle & Lear's Shadow ~ San Francisco Wind Ensemble ~ Orff's Carmina Burana ~ Art Lectures
Arts & Culture
Question Bridge: How do you feel about yourself as a gay black male?
At the Oakland Museum of California, a special art installation is exploring some of life’s big questions among generations of the black male community. Over 150 black men from all over the country came together to answer questions like these for the project called Question Bridge: Black Males. Today, we bring you a question from Ronald Porter, who teaches at UC Berkeley, and who asked this question: How do you feel about yourself as a gay black male?
Hear the answers of Tillman-Curtis Liggins and E. Patrick Johnson from Chicago, Kalup Linzey from New York; Waldo Johnson Jr., also from Chicago; and DeMario Patton, from San Francisco.
Question Bridge: Black Males is at the Museum of California through July 8, 2012.