Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
Arts & Culture
Question Bridge: How do you feel about yourself as a gay black male?
At the Oakland Museum of California, a special art installation is exploring some of life’s big questions among generations of the black male community. Over 150 black men from all over the country came together to answer questions like these for the project called Question Bridge: Black Males. Today, we bring you a question from Ronald Porter, who teaches at UC Berkeley, and who asked this question: How do you feel about yourself as a gay black male?
Hear the answers of Tillman-Curtis Liggins and E. Patrick Johnson from Chicago, Kalup Linzey from New York; Waldo Johnson Jr., also from Chicago; and DeMario Patton, from San Francisco.
Question Bridge: Black Males is at the Museum of California through July 8, 2012.