Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Radio Ambulante: El exilio de Manuel Zelaya / The Exile of Manuel Zelaya
Honduras is in the news these days for winning the most undesired title of murder capital of the world.
But in 2009, the headlines coming out of Honduras were about the coup of then-president Manuel Zelaya.
The story of his coup was heard around the world, but Zelaya's personal story is far less known. Annie Murphy traveled to Honduras to speak with Zelaya himself, and hear his version of the story we all think we know.
El golpe de estado que acabó la presidencia de Manuel Zelaya en 2009 fue una noticia mundial, pero su historia personal es menos conocida. Annie Murphy viajó a Tegucigalpa para hablar con Zelaya y escuchar su versión de una historia que todos creemos conocer.
Arts & Culture