Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Radio Ambulante: El exilio de Manuel Zelaya / The Exile of Manuel Zelaya
Honduras is in the news these days for winning the most undesired title of murder capital of the world.
But in 2009, the headlines coming out of Honduras were about the coup of then-president Manuel Zelaya.
The story of his coup was heard around the world, but Zelaya's personal story is far less known. Annie Murphy traveled to Honduras to speak with Zelaya himself, and hear his version of the story we all think we know.
El golpe de estado que acabó la presidencia de Manuel Zelaya en 2009 fue una noticia mundial, pero su historia personal es menos conocida. Annie Murphy viajó a Tegucigalpa para hablar con Zelaya y escuchar su versión de una historia que todos creemos conocer.
Arts & Culture