Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
A Patchwork Quilt Saturday 5/31/2014 at 5pm
Radio Flor -- Cascada De Flores
Members of Cascada De Flores, a Bay Area folkloric group specializing in music from Mexico and Cuba, will be Kevin's guests this Saturday on A Patchwork Quilt. They have a new album, Radio Flor, re-enacting the golden age of radio, when everyone you heard, announcers, musicians, actors, poets, and storytellers were always performing live from the studio. Imagine listening to la estacion XEW in Mexico City or La Cadena Azul en La Habana, Cuba in the 1930s and '40s. They will be performing some of their re-created radio magic this Saturday night at The Freight And Salvage in Berkeley, and Saturday afternoon on KALW at 5.
A Patchwork Quilt Saturday 5/24/2014 at 5pm
A Patchwork Quilt Saturday 5/17/2014 at 5pm
A Patchwork Quilt 5/3/2014
A Patchwork Quilt 4/26/2014