Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
A Patchwork Quilt Saturday 5/31/2014 at 5pm
Radio Flor -- Cascada De Flores
Members of Cascada De Flores, a Bay Area folkloric group specializing in music from Mexico and Cuba, will be Kevin's guests this Saturday on A Patchwork Quilt. They have a new album, Radio Flor, re-enacting the golden age of radio, when everyone you heard, announcers, musicians, actors, poets, and storytellers were always performing live from the studio. Imagine listening to la estacion XEW in Mexico City or La Cadena Azul en La Habana, Cuba in the 1930s and '40s. They will be performing some of their re-created radio magic this Saturday night at The Freight And Salvage in Berkeley, and Saturday afternoon on KALW at 5.
A Patchwork Quilt Saturday 5/24/2014 at 5pm
A Patchwork Quilt Saturday 5/17/2014 at 5pm
A Patchwork Quilt 5/3/2014
A Patchwork Quilt 4/26/2014