Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Radio Poets 4/8
Radio Poets: Alex Alvarez
Alex Alvarez is a student at San Francisco's E. R. Taylor Elementary School, where he writes poetry and plays soccer as part of the AmericaSCORES program. KALW is proud to bring his voice to the air during National Poetry Month.
By Alex Alvarez
When I feel sad I get mad
Like a tiger without food
My teeth are like sugar
That you put in corn flakes
With just the bright amount
It can be perfect!!
I got a golden heart
That will never break my soul
I can live time after time
Til I am 100 years old!!
I can become wealthy
And stay healthy
So I can accomplish all my dreams
And make them come true!!
My mind is holding all that I know!
My brains keep rolling like a soccer ball!
My imagination, I speak out of my mouth
My goal is to be a great poet
A champion of champions
Yeah!! That’s me!!
(Music: "La Rama" by Sistema Bomb)
Radio Poets 4/3