Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Radio Poets 4/28
Radio Poets: Bridgette Marin
Bridgette Marin is a student at San Francisco's E. R. Taylor Elementary School, where she writes poetry and plays soccer as part of the AmericaSCORES program. KALW is proud to bring her voice to the air during National Poetry Month.
Today I feel like a balloon going free
That when I’m blind, I can actually see
I’m a diamond so shiny, so bright
That I’m like the sun showing all the light.
Today I’m a free land
So free, that I’m a new brand
I feel like a bank with money
So rich, that I’m as sweet as honey!!!
I feel like going round and around
that I’m never going down
I feel like a bird making sweet sounds
That if I get lost, I will for sure be found.
When I’m happy
I’m a perfect circle
That never have gaps!!
I am perfect,
Just the way I am.
By Bridgette M.
E.R. Taylor School
Radio Poets 4/24
Radio Poets 4/23
Radio Poets 4/22
Radio Poets 4/21
Radio Poets 4/16