Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Radio Poets 4/7
Radio Poets: Daniella Gavarrete
Daniella Gavarrete is a student at San Francisco's Junipero Serra Elementary School, where she writes poetry and plays soccer as part of the AmericaSCORES program. KALW is proud to bring her voice to the air during National Poetry Month.
By Daniella Gavarrete
I wish I could help the Philippines
I see the children get food from the garbage
I wish I could be a cook
And cook for them
I wish I could be a doctor
And cure them
I wish I could be a construction worker
And build them new houses
I wish I could be a fashionista
And give them clothes and shoes
I wish I could be a clown
And make them laugh when they are sad
I wish I could be a mechanic
And make them new cars
I wish I could be a fairy
And give them everything.
(Music: Jimmy Smith "1-2-3")
Radio Poets 4/3