Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Radio Poets 4/29
Radio Poets: Marlon Barreno
Marlon Barreno is a student at San Francisco's Junipero Serra Elementary School, where he writes poetry and plays soccer as part of the AmericaSCORES program. KALW is proud to bring his voice to the air during National Poetry Month.
“Missing My Dad”
J. Sierra Elementary School
I remember the dad that I had—
I remember going over his house
And sleeping with him limb to limb
I remember playing soccer with him
Trying a lot, giving him everything I got.
He's now not with me, it makes me cry
I never wanted to say bye. He introduced
Me to soccer when I was two. I've played
so long that no one says boo, it's true he
taught me so little yet so much. I love
him, he loves me. So far that's all we got
Radio Poets 4/28
Radio Poets 4/24
Radio Poets 4/23
Radio Poets 4/22
Radio Poets 4/21