Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Radio Poets 4/16
Radio Poets: Stella Mae Schmidt
I used to be . . .
By Stella-Mae Schmidt
Tenderloin Community School
I used to be a piece of dirt, and now I am a flower
filled with beauty everyday and with love every hour
I used to used to be a stranded branch but now I am a tree
but instead of looking down I smile with glee
I used to be a basketball but now I am a player
I can do a slam-dunk jumping up in the air
I used to be asleep but now I am wake
And see everything, the real from the fake
Music Credit: Bela Fleck, Debussy's "Children's Circle"
Radio Poets 4/10
Radio Poets 4/9
Radio Poets 4/8
Radio Poets 4/7
Radio Poets 4/3