Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Radio Poets 4/16
Radio Poets: Stella Mae Schmidt
I used to be . . .
By Stella-Mae Schmidt
Tenderloin Community School
I used to be a piece of dirt, and now I am a flower
filled with beauty everyday and with love every hour
I used to used to be a stranded branch but now I am a tree
but instead of looking down I smile with glee
I used to be a basketball but now I am a player
I can do a slam-dunk jumping up in the air
I used to be asleep but now I am wake
And see everything, the real from the fake
Music Credit: Bela Fleck, Debussy's "Children's Circle"
Radio Poets 4/10
Radio Poets 4/9
Radio Poets 4/8
Radio Poets 4/7
Radio Poets 4/3