Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
Radio Poets 4/3
Radio Poets: William Lozano
Will Lozano is a student at San Francisco's Redding Elementary School, where he writes poetry and plays soccer as part of the AmericaSCORES program. KALW is proud to bring his voice to the air during National Poetry Month.
“My Dad Is”
When I see my dad I see me
When I hug him, it feels like a warm blanket on a cold winter night
When we eat, we are like hungry lions on the prowl
When he and I play catch and he says "Go Looong"
I feel like a dog playing fetch with a stick and having fun
When I smell him, I feel like I fell into a pile of roses.
(Music: "Sunspots" by Bob Mould)
Radio Poets 4/1