Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Refilling the Hollowed Middle Class
I believe the task of refilling our hollowed middle class may be the most important one of our time.
That's why I've had two of our finest thinkers, Jaron Lanier and Charles Hughes Smith on recent editions of Work with Marty Nemko to brainstorm their best ideas on the subject.
On the Sep. 22, 2013 edition, I take one more shot at it. I talk with Jim Huntington, author of Work’s New Age: The End of Full Employment and What it Means to You.
In the second half of the show you can call in for a 3-Minute Workover. I'll try to help you solve the career conundrum you or someone you love is facing.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 AM to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM in San Francisco and worldwide on kalw.org. The podcast is available for a week on the NPR site and in perpetuity on this page.