Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- Zero Waste in San Francisco is a 2020 Vision
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
Report: Truck With Obama's Teleprompter Stolen
"A truck filled with President Obama's podiums and audio equipment," including a teleprompter from which he reads prepared remarks and the presidential seal he stands behind, was stolen from a hotel parking lot in Henrico, Va., on Monday, local WWBT-TV reports.
The vehicle was discovered a short time later outside another local hotel. The TV station says it isn't yet known whether everything inside was recovered.
An unnamed "Defense Information Systems Agency" spokesperson tells the station that "no classified or sensitive information was in the vehicle."
We'll leave it to others (that means you, commenters) to speculate about how going without his teleprompter might affect the president (or most any politician, for that matter). It's safe to say, though, that a backup teleprompter is probably always available.
The president is in the middle of a bus tour through North Carolina and Virginia.