Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Reports: U.S. To Resume Talks With North Korea, Appoint New Envoy
"The United States will hold a fresh round of talks with North Korea on its nuclear weapons program next week and appoint a new full-time envoy as its seeks to deepen its engagement with the reclusive regime," U.S. officials and a Washington-based foreign diplomat tell The Associated Press.
ABC News adds that "a senior State Department official" says "U.S. Special Representative for North Korea Policy Stephen Bosworth is leaving the administration" and that "Glyn Davies, U.S. envoy to the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna, will take his place."
And CNN reports that "Davies ... will be in Geneva, Switzerland, next week to meet with North Korean counterpart Kim Kye-gwan in an effort to resume the six-party talks, diplomatic officials said."