Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
Cops & Courts
Reveal #2: Chicago's heroin supply + teen solitary in NYC
From The Center for Investigative Reporting and PRX, Reveal is for anyone who is interested in stories that break news and change our understanding of how the world works. Reveal examines what governments, businesses and communities are doing behind the scenes, hidden from public view.
Reveal’s second pilot features an investigation by WBEZ and The Chicago Reader exploring the path heroin takes from Ciudad Juarez to Chicago and across the midwest, where it supplies dealers, addicts and teens. It takes a look at the solitary confinement of teens in New York City’s Rikers Island, and examines the questionable relationship between Hollywood film productions and the American Humane Association. Plus: A follow-up on the impact of the opiate prescription story broken by the Center for Investigative Reporting in Reveal’s first pilot.
Friday, March 7th at 11am and 6pm.