Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Revisiting MLK's Struggle On Inauguration Day
On today's Your Call, we'll talk about moving forward during Obama’s second term. What does the inauguration mean to you? And in light of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, how can we get Obama to talk about and act on economic disparity? What’s the work to be done for our democracy? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Lisa Marie Alatorre, from the Coalition on Homelessness, who work to defend homeless and low-income people from attacks on their rights and their persons.
Samuel S. Kang, General Counsel for the Greenlining Institute, a national policy, organizing, and leadership institute working for racial and economic justice.
Huffington Post: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Inauguration Mark Rare Intersection
The Greenlining Institute: People of Color Hit Hardest By The Foreclosure Crisis
The King Center: The King Philosophy