Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Revisiting MLK's Struggle On Inauguration Day
On today's Your Call, we'll talk about moving forward during Obama’s second term. What does the inauguration mean to you? And in light of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, how can we get Obama to talk about and act on economic disparity? What’s the work to be done for our democracy? It’s Your Call with Rose Aguilar, and you.
Lisa Marie Alatorre, from the Coalition on Homelessness, who work to defend homeless and low-income people from attacks on their rights and their persons.
Samuel S. Kang, General Counsel for the Greenlining Institute, a national policy, organizing, and leadership institute working for racial and economic justice.
Huffington Post: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Inauguration Mark Rare Intersection
The Greenlining Institute: People of Color Hit Hardest By The Foreclosure Crisis
The King Center: The King Philosophy