Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
City Visions: July 16, 2012
Revitalizing Market Street: Can the city's multi-dimensional effort create lasting change?
For the last twenty years, San Francisco city leaders have promised to address the long-standing challenges facing the Mid Market Street neighborhood, but nothing has really changed.Now, San Francisco is taking a fresh approach to revitalizing Mid Market Street that includes attracting tech businesses and actively reaching out to arts organizations, community groups and residents to create a new vision for this diverse neighborhood. Guests were: Supervisor Jane Kim, who represents District 6 including the Mid Market neighborhood, Tomiquia Moss of SPUR (San Francisco Planning and Urban Research), Ellen Richard, Executive Director of the ACT (American Conservatory Theater), Ellyn Parker of the Mayor's Office of Economic and Workforce Development and Tiffany Apczynski of ZenDesk.