Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
City Visions: July 16, 2012
Revitalizing Market Street: Can the city's multi-dimensional effort create lasting change?
For the last twenty years, San Francisco city leaders have promised to address the long-standing challenges facing the Mid Market Street neighborhood, but nothing has really changed.Now, San Francisco is taking a fresh approach to revitalizing Mid Market Street that includes attracting tech businesses and actively reaching out to arts organizations, community groups and residents to create a new vision for this diverse neighborhood. Guests were: Supervisor Jane Kim, who represents District 6 including the Mid Market neighborhood, Tomiquia Moss of SPUR (San Francisco Planning and Urban Research), Ellen Richard, Executive Director of the ACT (American Conservatory Theater), Ellyn Parker of the Mayor's Office of Economic and Workforce Development and Tiffany Apczynski of ZenDesk.