Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Revolutions Per Minute
The new name for "Then & Now" with host Sarah Cahill. "Revolutions Per Minute" speaks to the musical revolutions of Beethoven, Stravinsky, and John Cage, among others, and evokes the 33 rpms many of us treasure, whether we're sentimentalists or audiophiles. "RPM" will feature more vinyl in regular broadcasts, and encourages listeners to bring their favorite classical records for broadcast and discussion (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). You'll still hear the musical juxtapositions of Hildegard von Bingen with Meredith Monk, and Josquin des Pres with Frederic Rzewski. Plus interviews with composers and musicians, local and internationally acclaimed, as well as previews of Bay Area concerts. Sundays from 8-10pm.