Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
Arts & Culture
Roem Baur has a very distinctive voice. Now from San Francisco, he started singing as a boy in a small-town church in southern Texas. He’s playing a free show this Saturday (March 10) at the Apple Computer flagship store, near Union Square, at 2pm. Then he’s heading back to Texas – this time to sing at the South by Southwest festival in Austin.