Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
OUT in the Bay - November 10, 2011
Russ Lorenson sings Bobby Darin
San Francisco jazz singer Russ Lorenson has gotten rave reviews over the last five years as he's toured the USA with his critically-acclaimed tribute to Tony Bennett. This coming Tuesday, his tribute to rock, jazz, folk and country crooner Bobby Darin premieres in San Francisco’s Rrazz Room. Hear Russ sing and tell us what moved him to devote his new show, As Long As I’m Singin’, to the short life and long musical legacy of Bobby Darin, who was best known for his hit recordings of “Mack the Knife,” “Splish Splash,” and “Beyond the Sea.” Eric Jansen hosts.
As Long As I’m Singin’: Russ Lorenson Celebrates the Music of Bobby Darin, premieres Tuesday, Nov. 15, in The Rrazz Room at the Nikko Hotel, 222 Mason St., San Francisco, starting at 8pm. Click here for more information and tickets.