Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Health, Science, Environment
San Bruno settles lawsuit with PG&E
PG&E announced it will pay the city of San Bruno $70 million in restitution from pipeline explosion of September 2010, which killed eight people and destroyed dozens of homes. Jim Ruane is the mayor of San Bruno, which has a population of about 40,000 people. KALW's Holly Kernan spoke with Ruane about what the settlement means for the city.