Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Health, Science, Environment
San Bruno settles lawsuit with PG&E
PG&E announced it will pay the city of San Bruno $70 million in restitution from pipeline explosion of September 2010, which killed eight people and destroyed dozens of homes. Jim Ruane is the mayor of San Bruno, which has a population of about 40,000 people. KALW's Holly Kernan spoke with Ruane about what the settlement means for the city.