Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
REST IN PEACE, MICHAEL
Saturday Memorial for New Dimensions' Michael Toms
Michael Toms, co-founder of New Dimensions Radio, died on January 24th, 2013 at the age of 72.
There will be a celebration of Michael Toms' life Saturday, March 9th from 2:00 to 4:00pm at the First Unitarian Universalist Church, 1187 Franklin Street at Geary in San Francisco.
All are welcome. Friends who will speak include Charles Tart, Patricia Sun, Ralph Metzner, Stephen Hill, Dorothy and Jim Fadiman, Justine Willis Toms, and Master of Ceremonies Phil Catalfo.
Michael Toms' voice has long been familiar to KALW listeners, and we extend our condolences to Justine and all of Michael's family and friends.
Julian Guthrie, San Francisco Chronicle: "Michael Toms dies - 'New Dimensions' radio host"