Most Active Stories
- Technically illegal: How thousands of property owners and renters are breaking the law
- At children's hospital, kids find comfort in music therapy
- Women in STEM: Marine Mammal Center combines science with animal welfare
- Your Call: What do students and parents need to know before they take out student loans?
- Listen to the latest Manager's Report
Scenes From The College Republican Caucus In Iowa City
Iowa caucus results are in, and Ron Paul managed to come in third place with 21 percent of the votes. Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney tied for first with 25 percent each.
But at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Ron Paul dominated the Republican caucus votes, taking 117 out of 179 votes. The majority of people at the caucus were young, including the three people who spoke on behalf of candidates. The caucus took all of 25 minutes, from start to finish. Latecomers who arrived at 7:20pm were turned away, unable to cast their votes.
Paul Gordon, a senior at the University of Iowa, spoke on behalf of Ron Paul. He emphasized Paul’s Air Force experience and his economic plan. He said:
Ron Paul understands the economy. He understands the power of the free market and sound money. As the only candidate to have actually predicted the economic mess we’re currently in years before it happened, Dr. Paul knows what it will take to get our economy moving in the right direction…
If we are serious about defeating President Obama in 2012, we must make sure that Barack obama instead of the Republican nominee is the one who will have to apologize for flip-flopping.
This story was originally published on Turnstylenews.com on January 3, 2012.