Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Open Air ~ 8/21/14 at 1pm
SF Choral Society ~ SF Lyric Chorus ~ Bab's Basement
This week on Open Air, host David Latulippe has a conversation with Michael Urie about his one-man show, “Buyer & Cellar”, opening at the Curran Theatre, which takes us into Barbara Streisand’s basement; Helene Whitson, co-founder and board president of the SF Lyric Chorus, shares details about the ensemble's upcoming concert, with choral works from Maurice Durufle and Joseph Jongen; and - Open Air serves a healthy helping of choral music this week - conductor Robert Geary discusses this weekend's performances of Brahms' German Requiem by the SF Choral Society. Plus, critic-at-large and regular contributor Peter Robinson reviews the movie Calvary, the Cal Shakes production of Pygmalion, and offers a tribute to Lauren Bacall. Open Air with David Latulippe; originally broadcast on 21 August 2014. Listen now or anytime...