Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
The Sharing Economy: Visit the really really free market
When you're low on cash, there are a couple of ways to shop for clothes, shoes, or anything else you may need. You can probably find some good deals online at Freecycle or Craigslist or maybe you'll sift through the goods at your favorite second hand store.
Here, in San Francisco, you can go to the monthly Really Really Free Market. It's a swap meet but without the price tags. As part of our series on Sharing Economy, KALW's Steven Short takes us there, in this piece from our archives.
Listen to the full story above.