Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
City Visions: January 13, 2014
Sister Activism: The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence
If you've been to a Bay Area protest or community event, you've probably seen -- or even met those nuns in whiteface -- The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.
Devoted to human rights globally and locally, AIDS education, and respect for diversity, this controversial Order of Queer Nuns has long been a staple of San Francisco's cultural fabric. They join host Joseph Pace for the hour.
Sister Mora Lee D'Klined, The Nun of Your Business
Sister Eden Asp, the Forbidden Fruit
Sister Roma!, There's No Place Like Rome
Producer: Lisa Denenmark
PLUS Retreat, Feb. 1 & 2 (organized by Positive Force)
Sacred Space SF -- ecumenical outreach with the Rev. Diana Wheeler