Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Might you like to be self-employed but are scared to start a business from scratch? A franchise can be tempting. Alas, too often, franchises fail.
Conversely, if you run a successful business, it can be tempting to franchise it. Perhaps you see images of money rolling in while others are running clones of your business. Alas, there are governmental, legal, and other roadblocks galore.
Whether a prospective franchisee or franchisor, someone who's already in that game, or simply are curious about that sometimes dubious-feeling world of Subway sandwiches, Merry Maids housekeepers, and Meineke Mufflers, you might want to tune in to Work with Marty Nemko on Sunday, April 29, 2012.
My guest will be Rick Bisio, who was franchising director at the parent company of Seattle's Best Coffee, Cinnabon, Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits, and is the author of the Amazon top-rated book, The Educated Franchisee. He'll show us how to maximize the chances of being a successful (and ethical) franchisee and franchisor.
Marty will also do three-minute WorkOvers on callers.
Work with Marty Nemko is heard every Sunday from 11 am to noon on KALW, 91.7 FM.