Most Active Stories
- Why are teachers leaving Oakland?
- The first look inside San Francisco's radical attempt to end homelessness
- Is Oakland’s DIY music scene in serious trouble?
- Everybody disagrees on how to solve San Francisco’s affordable housing crisis
- Putting an earring in my ear: the centennial of the Armenian Genocide
SMILEY & WEST
Smiley & West: What do you think?
At the end of September, WBEZ – Chicago’s primary NPR affiliate – made the decision to drop Smiley & West from its schedule. This week, Tavis Smiley released a public letter responding to the cancellation, and to comments made by Chicago Public Media president and CEO Torey Malatia, who said the show was “becoming like Democracy Now" and veering too far from WBEZ’s declaration of principles.
WBEZ’s principles and programming decisions are certainly its own, but since KALW has aired Smiley & West Fridays at 1pm for the past two years, we want to take this opportunity to hear your thoughts about the show. Please let us know what you think of Smiley & West and where it fits in the mix at Local Public Radio.