Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Arts & Culture
The Source: The story of Marin County's namesake takes flight
In Marin, it’s been a rewarding year for author and academic, Betty Goerke. Back in February, she was recognized for her “significant contributions advancing the understanding of the past in Marin County.” This Sunday, October 21, she will be honored by the Mill Valley Art Commission, at their annual awards dinner. In this story from our archives, Goerke sat down with KALW’s Steven Short to discuss the subject of one her books, the namesake of Marin County. And here’s a hint: it has nothing to do with water.
Click the player above to listen to the complete interview.