Most Active Stories
- In a warmer world, researchers say climate change is intensifying California's water crisis
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Upgrading San Francisco's aging pipes in times of drought
- Your Call: What if we ate as if water mattered?
Out in the Bay ~ 10/24/13 ~ 7pm
Special Adoptions: Connecting special kids with special parents
Special Adoptions: Thursday at 7pm, Out in the Bay host Eric Jansen speaks with Dennis Hanley, the gay single adoptive dad of three brothers, and with Doni DeBolt, the executive director of Adopt A Special Kid (AASK). Founded 40 years ago, this Oakland-based agency was among the first in the U.S. to encourage lesbian, gay, single, lower-income and older adults to adopt children, and the first to focus on special needs children, including sets of siblings, older kids, and queer youth neglected in foster care. Live interview 7pm Thursday, Oct. 24, on kalw.org + 91.7 FM; listen after broadcast at OutInTheBay.org
AASK's 40th Anniversary Gala is Friday, November 1, in Oakland's Jack London Square. Click here for details and tickets.
Out in the Bay ~ 6/27/13 ~ Call-in 7pm Thursday
Arts & Culture