Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Why are there anti-Muslim ads on our public buses?
- The Greenhouse Project: Bringing San Francisco’s forgotten flower farm back to life
- Your Call: What are your favorite books of 2014?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
Arts & Culture
The Spot 4.10.14 Title TK + 400,000 Stars
99% Invisible "Title TK" The name is important. It’s the first thing of any product you use or buy or see. The tip of the spear. Only the names that are most interesting and most pleasant on the tongue can survive in your memory. So it’s no surprise that companies—especially large ones like Sony or Procter & Gamble—hire naming companies.
The Memory Palace: "400,000 Stars"