Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- In an old church, the Internet Archive stores our digital history
- The Spiritual Edge: Celebrating the commonalities at Oakland’s ‘Sushi’ Mosque
- Are things looking up for City College of San Francisco?
- City Visions: Which Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Should You Be Taking?
Arts & Culture
The Spot 7.31.14 Duplitecture + Life-Changing Reads
99% Invisible: "Duplitecture" The best knock-offs in the world are in China. There are plenty of fake designer handbags and Rolexes but China’s knock-offs go way beyond fashion. There are knock-off Apple stores that look so much like the real thing, some employees believe they are working in real Apple stores. And then there are entire knock-off cities.
Theory of Everything: "Recent, Relevant, Random" We don't have metrics to measure what happens when we read something that changes our life. This episode attempts to deal with that.