Most Active Stories
- City Visions: Can Bay Area Catholics and Archbishop Cordileone Find Common Ground?
- Enrollment now open for the 2015-2016 KALW News Audio Academy
- $5,400 for a piece of cardboard? The allure of 'Magic: The Gathering'
- Your Call: How bad is California’s drought?
- The Spiritual Edge: Afro-Cuban movement with meaning
The State of the Media: Interview with veteran Bay Area journalist Tim Redmond
With so many media options to choose from, some older forms are getting less attention. So how are these changes reshaping what news we read, see, and hear? In our 'State of the Media' series KALW’s Ben Trefny is exploring this idea with Bay Area media makers. Today, he spoke with Tim Redmond, who recently left the San Francisco Bay Guardian after more than three decades with the paper.
TIM REDMOND: “I've always believed that democracy can't exist without reporters. We need reporters."
For more information, go to Tim Redmond’s blog.
Click the player above to listen to the full interview.
Women Writing Op-Eds