Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
The State of the Media: Interview with veteran Bay Area journalist Tim Redmond
With so many media options to choose from, some older forms are getting less attention. So how are these changes reshaping what news we read, see, and hear? In our 'State of the Media' series KALW’s Ben Trefny is exploring this idea with Bay Area media makers. Today, he spoke with Tim Redmond, who recently left the San Francisco Bay Guardian after more than three decades with the paper.
TIM REDMOND: “I've always believed that democracy can't exist without reporters. We need reporters."
For more information, go to Tim Redmond’s blog.
Click the player above to listen to the full interview.
Women Writing Op-Eds