Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
The State of the Media: Interview with veteran Bay Area journalist Tim Redmond
With so many media options to choose from, some older forms are getting less attention. So how are these changes reshaping what news we read, see, and hear? In our 'State of the Media' series KALW’s Ben Trefny is exploring this idea with Bay Area media makers. Today, he spoke with Tim Redmond, who recently left the San Francisco Bay Guardian after more than three decades with the paper.
TIM REDMOND: “I've always believed that democracy can't exist without reporters. We need reporters."
For more information, go to Tim Redmond’s blog.
Click the player above to listen to the full interview.
Women Writing Op-Eds