Most Active Stories
- How one Bay Area city is causing national controversy with local gun control
- What makes a street dangerous? Decoding deadly Van Ness Avenue
- A musician, going deaf, fights for a life in music
- The Spiritual Edge: Bay Area Jews head to the desert to reclaim their Biblical roots
- "Hello Gorgeous!" Cheyenne Jackson & the SF Symphony
Health, Science, Environment
StoryCorps: Doctors discuss how they practice at Highland Hospital
This year, film director Pete Nicks teamed up with San Francisco StoryCorps through his organization Openhood to go back to Highland Hospital and record interviews with caregivers and patients.
In this StoryCorps we hear a conversation between two doctors who have worked together at Highland Hospital for over twenty years. Dr. Anthony Meredith Piccione is a Senior Respiratory Therapist, and Dr. Colin Feany is the Director of the Medical Intensive Care Unit. The doctors sit down to talk about their approaches to practicing medicine at Highland.
This conversation was facilitated by Sophia Simon-Ortiz and was edited by KALW’s Martina Castro.