Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- What's Jesse doing in Kolkata?
Health, Science, Environment
StoryCorps: Doctors discuss how they practice at Highland Hospital
This year, film director Pete Nicks teamed up with San Francisco StoryCorps through his organization Openhood to go back to Highland Hospital and record interviews with caregivers and patients.
In this StoryCorps we hear a conversation between two doctors who have worked together at Highland Hospital for over twenty years. Dr. Anthony Meredith Piccione is a Senior Respiratory Therapist, and Dr. Colin Feany is the Director of the Medical Intensive Care Unit. The doctors sit down to talk about their approaches to practicing medicine at Highland.
This conversation was facilitated by Sophia Simon-Ortiz and was edited by KALW’s Martina Castro.