Most Active Stories
- Will prison arts programs make a comeback in California?
- Today on Your Call: How should we understand the invisible web that connects our digital devices?
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Today on Your Call: How are digital devices affecting children’s health?
- Today on Your Call: What are 'best practices' for using digital devices?
Arts & Culture
StoryCorps: Finding one's musical niche
As a musician, you have to know how to deal with different types of crowds. Sometimes people aren't paying much attention to you, and they even talk while you're on stage. But other times, they give you standing ovations and beg for more.
Well, Chip Curry used to play in different bands his whole life, but he didn't find his "musical niche," you could say, until later in his music career. On his 63rd birthday, Curry tells friend Diana Roberts about how he found his number one fans.
Chip Curry spoke with long time friend Diana Roberts at the StoryCorps booth in the Contemporary Jewish Museum of San Francisco.