Most Active Stories
- Is the Bay Area in a housing bubble or a housing crisis?
- Mission High and Bi-Rite Market partner in a neighborhood divided
- Robotic seals comfort dementia patients but raise ethical concerns
- Robots for humanity: how technology is changing the life of one Bay Area man
- Audiograph's Sound of the Week: The Church of Coltrane
Arts & Culture
StoryCorps: A long relationship with Highland Hospital
From time to time, the StoryCorps team goes mobile, and collects interviews at specific sites around the Bay Area. This piece is part of a series of interviews that took place at Highland Hospital in East Oakland.
Bruce Bauer has been a volunteer with the Alameda Health System Foundation for 20 years, fundraising for Highland. He spoke with Laura Sargent, a foundation staff member, about his first visit to Highland when he was five years old, and how his vending machine business started his relationship with the hospital.
NOTE: Please click the player above to listen to the full interview. Audio will be available at 6pm PST.
Health, Science, Environment
The Waiting Room