Most Active Stories
- In legal grey area, West Oakland resident discovers free house
- Not your stereotypical ‘Surfer Girls’ at Ocean Beach
- When it Comes to Admissions, What Do Colleges Really Want?
- Today on Your Call: How can storytelling about the ocean help save it?
- Today on Your Call: What happens when parents fund public schools?
Arts & Culture
StoryCorps: A long relationship with Highland Hospital
From time to time, the StoryCorps team goes mobile, and collects interviews at specific sites around the Bay Area. This piece is part of a series of interviews that took place at Highland Hospital in East Oakland.
Bruce Bauer has been a volunteer with the Alameda Health System Foundation for 20 years, fundraising for Highland. He spoke with Laura Sargent, a foundation staff member, about his first visit to Highland when he was five years old, and how his vending machine business started his relationship with the hospital.
NOTE: Please click the player above to listen to the full interview. Audio will be available at 6pm PST.
Health, Science, Environment
The Waiting Room